Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Other Weekend Progress...

There were some times where I couldn't help R with the plywood this past weekend, so I found other ways to be useful. I worked on the sidewalk a little...
There's that rock that got in my way... It's kinda hard to see because of all the sand and leaves, but I think I worked it in pretty well..

Once I literally hit an impasse (asphalt with electrical wires underneath... a job for R), I moved back indoors and tackled the downstairs bathroom.

The downstairs bathroom is something on my "Things to Get Done Before Party" list. In the past year, this room has become our dumping zone (when we run out of room in the Dining Room.. seriously.. it's bad). We rarely use it, so who cares that it's so full of crap that you can't walk in there! But we have some people coming to the party would would rather not walk all the way upstairs to use the bathroom, so it needed to be done. I spent a couple hours organizing everything in the room into piles, then realized that I had piled myself into the room and couldn't get out, so I had to re-pile everything. Most of the stuff went in the basement, a ton went in the garbage and some got packed up in a box to go in the attic. Now all that's left is the window casing for the kitchen and a couple boxes that will be unpacked when we finish the kitchen. Yay! R's comment was "What? There's a floor in there?" I mean seriously... our Christmas tree stand was in there. And still had some dead needles and branches in it. So embarrassing!!

3 comments:

  1. I just love it when a big deadline (like a party) spurs so much productivity! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get everything done in time for your party! Deadlines like that never work out for us, what can I say we're slackers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea... we're trying to be pretty motivated (though I will say that I'm a lot more motivated than R!!!).. we have some party go-ers who haven't been to the house before, plus some who haven't been in almost a year, so I want to make it worth their while. It has to look like we got SOMETHING done! :)

    ReplyDelete