Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Kitchen Fireplace

Most design decisions for the house have come to me pretty easily. However, the Kitchen fireplace is driving me crazy. I love it so much... but can't decide if I want to paint it white, like the cabinets, doors, and trim/casing, or if I want to paint it a colonial, dusty blue. I would also paint the built in cabinet the same color as the fireplace.
From James Kroll Fine Woodworking website
From Covenant Kitchens
We work a lot with Covenant Kitchens for work... and there is a display cabinet similar to the one above in their showroom that I love. I think the color is very colonial, and would fit with the style/age of the house.
From Covenant Kitchens
I feel like adding a new color for these two elements would help break up the amount of white in the room, and help make the eating area more cozy. 


I did this quick rendering of the fireplace and cabinet in blue.. the walls will be yellow and the trim will be white. What do you think? Blue? White? I need to make a decision soon... it needs to be painted soon!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the blue. I think it goes well with the house and highlights some of the unique features of your home. I don't think you can go wrong with white but the blue is just a bit unexpected.

    ReplyDelete