So my first project was to paint the Laundry Room. The Laundry Room is located on the second floor, off of the back hallway. The upstairs bathroom is located directly off of the Laundry Room. At one point in time we believe that the Laundry Room was more of a dressing room, complete with a sit down vanity (which we found in the basement). When we bought the house it looked like this:
The closet you see is a linen closet. The existing space also had a large window that looks out to the driveway and a large upper cabinet. The previous owner had his washer and dryer in the basement (actually they're still down there), but because I didn't want to be dragging laundry down 2 tight, narrow, uneven sets of stairs, I convinced R that we should put our washer and dryer up here. The only problem with the set up was that there wasn't a dryer vent, so for the past couple months we've just been opening the window and putting the vent out the window.
Back in August, on a really productive day, the wallpaper got taken down in here. We had 2 helpers who were working way too fast, and they needed something to keep them busy! :) But then we never got around to painting in the room. So for about 7 months, the room looked like this:
So nice that this is one of the first things you see in the morning. Needless to say, it was starting to drive me crazy. The room just felt icky and dirty. The walls were disgusting looking (never would have thought that anything was worse than the wallpaper that was on the walls before!) and the trim/doors/windows were all a dirty cream color.