Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Kitchen Hutch Inspiration

We are obsessed with This Old House here in this old house. It's the reason I became an architect. It started when I was two years old and would beg my mom to put Bob Vila on TV. My mom always thought it was strange for a two year old to be so into home improvement, but always acquiesced. It was better than violent cartoons or something. I think it's because of the show that I am also obsessed with old houses. And DIY.

So you can imagine my excitement yesterday when my newest issue of TOH magazine showed up. I flipped to the first page and there in the index was a picture of a built-in hutch almost identical to my own. 
The article is about transforming old furniture using simple painting techniques. The article is about the purple cabinet, not the white one in the background. But I just love how the cabinet is decorated! It looks so much like the one I have in my Kitchen, the one I'm having a hard time figuring out how to decorate (ok, so my Kitchen isn't done yet and I shouldn't be decorating it, but I can still think about it, right?). I love the baskets, and stacked plates, and framed picture, and bowl with flowers. I'm so happy I finally know what I want to do. Maybe I should even add a 1 1/2" piece of wood to the bottom of my shelves, to give them the appearance of being thicker, like in the picture..

No comments:

Post a Comment